best ich medications

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The best medicine for ich is to keep the fish fed well using garlic .. the active component in garlic is allicin... this triggers the feeding response causing the fish to eat and fight it off naturally .. Taking one clove of garlic and crushing it soaking the food for not more than 15 minutes and not less than 5 ....Dont worry about garlic in the tank it wont hurt it also you may wish to add 1gtts of selcon for vitamins 2x a week careful not to over do it .... IF possible the other thing you will want to do is to QT the fish allow the system to go fallow for atleast 8 weeks longer is better this will help rid the parasite as it has no host and dies... (in theory) also do NOT use copper in your system as it needs to be monitored with testing and the sand , rock ect will absorb this ... it will also affect your system if you have inverts or want inverts . It will also affect if you want corals as well ...ich debate

ich link

While an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, after you have it, while I agree on the tried and true remedies completely...there is a new product out there that I saw while attending MACNA. It seems too good to be true, but I will pass it along to you. If the price is anything to go by, it should work great!

http://www.nosickfish.com/products.php

Personally I would QT and treat with hyposalinity. I like to go as natural as possible. Steven, those are some great articles, I think I have seen them posted a bunch of times and still like to read them!

Personally I would QT and treat with hyposalinity. I like to go as natural as possible. Steven, those are some great articles, I think I have seen them posted a bunch of times and still like to read them!

I am glad you enjoyed them.

Steven Pro said:

I am glad you enjoyed them.
They are great and good for a person, like me, that needs it broken down, for the less scientific! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom