Best treatment for ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the article doesnt mention this but you should do it in a quarantine tank and not your main. There are many many posts on this. Just keep reading the sick fish section and ask any questions you may have. I think most of us have been through ick.

I don't have any way of getting a refractometer in time all I have is a hydrometer. LPS recomended instant ocean lifeguard I just started treatment with that idk what else to do

You cant hypo the main tank. Any inverts will not make it. Your CUC and any inverts that live in the LR.

Iv taken all live rock and inverts out of the main tank and sence I only have a hydrometer not a refractometer I'm going to do the instant ocean lifeguard treatment and I'm also going to soak there food in garlic extreme by kent marine and see if I can't beat this thing. I wish I could do the hypo but I just don't have the equipment and can't get the equipment cuz none of the LPS carry a refractometer unless anyone on this site lives in Vero beach and would barrow one to me LOL if u have any other sugestions I'm all ears thanks alot for all the info this site rocks

Well they have been on the mess and garlic for 24 hours and they don't show any signs of in provment should I just do the hypo even thow I don't have a refractometer. Please reply!

Do you not have an LFS around or ordering from the good doctor`s will have one to you in a few days.

I went to every LPS in town and know one have one and they can't get one for 7 days so I'm SOL but a friend of mine from work her mom is a marine biologist so she's going to see if I could barrow one

I successfully performed hypo with a hydrometer. Maybe not the best but I was like you and had no time and had to purchase a QT tank, heater, ect. and was tapped on money at the time. You could at least start lowering your SG slowly until your refractometer arives.

what I usually do when I buy tang.
Put them in qt where you can take them out easily, look at them every day, if you see ick started to outbreak, fresh water dip for at least 5 miniutes every day until you don't see any more, just leave them in qt for 2 weeks before you put them in the show tank.(don't use any chemicals before you try this treatment incase you have a servere problem). I hope this will help.

Back
Top Bottom