big problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i just got my mystery wrasse and put him in the tank last night. i was taking a risk to see if the mystery wrasse would get along with my vrolik wrasse right now (i think thats what it is). and no luck my wrasse is bullying my new guy really bad. i have a trap but my wrasse seems no where near interested in going in that, does anyone else have any advice on how to get my wrasse out of the tank without ripping all my rock out. and since this may take me a few days to catch him how long do you think my new fish will last while he's being bullied.

get a friend to help you scare the fish into your net. that's how i captured mean fish in my tank. depending on the tank, you might need 2 friends with nets. it's impossible to say how long the fish will last.

unfortuantly theirs no way that can work my tank is full of rock i wouldnt be able to even fit a net and move it around in their. do you think if i just keep putting food in the trap and leave it in the tank he will eventually go in it. he seems so pre occupied with chasing my new fish around idk if eating is even on his mind and i dont want to starve my other fish because of this

that's impossible to say. IMO, if you have so much rock in your tank you can't fit a net, you probably have too much. how does flow get through all of that rock? i would think you have a good amount of dead zones where detritus will build up.
back to the fish, i would get a rubbermaid bin and partially fill it with water, then remove some of the rock and place it in that tub. catch the fish, and then replace the rock....or sell it.
the other option is to wait and see if it goes in the trap, decides to leave the other fish alone, or kills the other fish.
good luck.

does your wrasse sleep in the same place each night,if so can you block off the exits apart from one then set the trap there maybe ?

Back
Top Bottom