Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'll try my best. I'm only mad that they do not say enything in LFS about that. The price was high like for a healthy coral. I would buy it anyway but they should say something....

Old 12-28-2010, 06:27 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
they paid the same for that coral as they would a healthy one. they don't get to see what they buy before hand. ultimately it would be best for you and the coral if they kept it until it was colored up and ready for sale, but i don't think that would be best for the bosses wallet.
also, many of the stores i have been to don't have the facility and/or ability to keep sps healthy. they just get it in in whatever condition, and hope it sells before it dies in their less than optimal systems.
it's just another sad truth in the hobby.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:28 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

They are just trying to make money. For some of them it's just a job. If you want someone to say something about it, start with yourself. It possible they got it like that and think thats the way it's suppose to be.

Little story: I took my sister and her family to see Narnia 3-D over the holidays. At the end of the movie when the credits started to roll up the screen the music stopped. (I like to watch the credits and listen to the last song, helps cap the movie for me) Upon leaving I "complained" about the silent credits. The lady asked me to wait a minute, and returned with 7 free passes to a future 3-D movie, telling me it was a timing issue, and thanked me for being the first person that day to tell her.
Deep Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:03 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Seven View Post
They are just trying to make money. For some of them it's just a job. If you want someone to say something about it, start with yourself. It possible they got it like that and think thats the way it's suppose to be.

Little story: I took my sister and her family to see Narnia 3-D over the holidays. At the end of the movie when the credits started to roll up the screen the music stopped. (I like to watch the credits and listen to the last song, helps cap the movie for me) Upon leaving I "complained" about the silent credits. The lady asked me to wait a minute, and returned with 7 free passes to a future 3-D movie, telling me it was a timing issue, and thanked me for being the first person that day to tell her.
With me, reef tank is a hobby, I'm still learning. If it was my job to sell corals I would make sure to know what I'm selling. But that is just me, I want to know what I'm doing. But like you said for same peolpe it is just a job.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:07 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
they paid the same for that coral as they would a healthy one. they don't get to see what they buy before hand. ultimately it would be best for you and the coral if they kept it until it was colored up and ready for sale, but i don't think that would be best for the bosses wallet.
also, many of the stores i have been to don't have the facility and/or ability to keep sps healthy. they just get it in in whatever condition, and hope it sells before it dies in their less than optimal systems.
it's just another sad truth in the hobby.
Yes, there is a lot off sadness in this hobby. You can see at the store people who week ago set a saltwater tank buying anemone or mandarin goby with just a couple live rock. Or buying corals when they do not even know what kind of lights they have.

Tags
coral, nest

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com