"Black Ich" or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

George9

Aquarium Advice Addict
I noticed some black dots on my clowns dorsal fin. I'm already treating with copper for regular ich! Is this "black ich"? Not sure how I should treat it because I know copper doesn't work for it, but I need to use it to kill the regular ich. Here's the fish-

image-3862419075.jpg

Zoom on the dorsal fin, you'll see them. You think that's it?

Thanks Guys!

is it just the 1 spot? it could be 1 of those parasitic pods embedded in his flesh
they would make a black spot
because I'm thinking about it can't think of the name

If you look down a few threads, there is a "Is This Ich?" thread. I wrote a little about Black Ich and treatment. I can't see clearly from my phone, so I am not sure if that is what we have here. If it is, be sure to read up on Formalin treatments. I've never done it, but apparently it depletes oxygen so you have to use an airstone and temperature is somewhat important. Good news is that its not as bad as the regular Ich.

Black Spot is a parasite...it's a type of flatworm. I do agree that a single spot is likely something else though. Most parasites like Ich and Black Spot will have at least a few spots.

Its really hard to tell from the picture. But there were a bunch of dots pretty much inly on his dorsal fin. The black spot on his body isnt there now. I think it was the camera

I added a little bit of quick cure to the water becausr it has formaline ajd malachite green in it which I read was good for this parasite. I see no black spots now! Hooefully they are gone for good

Back
Top Bottom