Black Spot on my clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skae310

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently found a black spot on my clown. There is only one It doesnt seem to be much of anything and its pretty tiny, but i know such things as black ich exist and when i hear ich it brings back bad memories (nothing survived last time :() Figured id post a picture anyway to see what you guys think.....

By the way the picture quality is HORRIBLE. But the spot is behind his middle stripe.

Water Parameters last checked:
Ammonia0
NItrite0
Nitrate0
Salinity 1.026

Attachments

• DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 112
I got a frogspawn. I was thinking that too. He doesn't hang out by it, but he is the more adventurous of the two and I wouldn't be surprised if he explored it. I am just making sure it isn't anything worse.

Im not that experienced yet but i did some reading on clownfish diseases and stuff previously due to ick/velvet, I lost 15 out of 18 fish in 3-2 days about 2 months ago and it really sucks...especially expensive ones. I used Mardel on the survivers, cured everything now they look great! Though if its not ick but stings, then that probably means that your clownfish isnt producing that protective slime coating that he/she needs to protect it from the stinging. So that might be due to insuffisant nutrition, bad water quality or some sort of sickness/parasite.

Hope this helps :)

I've always understood it to be a normal reaction that results in the darkening of the skin in response in trying to deal with the foreign mucous and stings of corals.

It seems that it must not be effecting them so im assuming it must be normal. They are eating fine and water conditions are fine. Nothing has changed that would cause a problem so unless it arose from something im not looking for im just going to watch to make sure it doesnt get worse.

Back
Top Bottom