Black Spots on Clownfish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheChad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all,

I have 2 clown fish that we've had for about 4 months. Just recently I took a very close look at them and noticed they had black spots on their bodies.

They are behaving normally, and eating normally. The only Parasite I have seen/delt with is Ich, all the Fish i've treated with Copper, and all have died after they were cured.

Do you guys think thease black spots are a parasite, or could they just be part of their body? I can't say seen them on the fish before, but I just may not have looked that close. We also have a Watchman Goby in this tank, he doesn't yet have any spots on him.

Thanks,

-TheChad

FWIW, I had'm on my yellow clown goby for about 4 months and he died recently. I thought they were age spots or something and I ignored'm. When I saw'm on my clownfish earlier, I believe they were burns from trying to host a frogspawn coral maybe. Well, I'm sure I didn't help you, but just thought I'd share my "black spots" experience.

How's the water readings?

I did just add a Zoo Polyp, if that makes any difference..

I am doing readings right now, Will post in a few minutes...

-TheChad

There is a condition called black spot or black ich that fish can get. I believe its caused by a parasite similar to ich. Google blackspot disease or black ich. There's a bunch of useful information. One of my clownfish had it for a while, but managed to fight it off on its own without treatment and none of my other fish even came down with it.

Can u post a picture of the fish?

Back
Top Bottom