Black spots on clownish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marty20

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys. I noticed a couple days ago that my clownish had some black spots forming on its left side of his body. does anybody have an idea of what these are? Is impossible to get a picture of them worth posting

Hey guys. I noticed a couple days ago that my clownish had some black spots forming on its left side of his body. does anybody have an idea of what these are? Is impossible to get a picture of them worth posting

Do they look like ich spots, but black? I saw something similar on my clown's dorsal fin. I read that formalin gets rid of it so I treated with quick cure (which was the only thing I had with formalin). The spots disappeared and never came back. I'm not sure if yours is the same though.

Mine had that at one point... I've read that it's harmless and goes away! Mine went away in a few weeks and my fish are fine :)

It doesn't look like ich but thanks for the info Evan! They just recently started to attack me when I go into the tank so I'm hoping my pair is getting closer to laying eggs. I was hoping it had something to do with that but thats just ask optimistic view point haha

It doesn't look like ich but thanks for the info Evan! They just recently started to attack me when I go into the tank so I'm hoping my pair is getting closer to laying eggs. I was hoping it had something to do with that but thats just ask optimistic view point haha

Haha I wish mine would lay eggs, but I don't even think they're close haha! Good luck

I have the same issue with my ocellaris clowns. My online research tells me that coral sting can cause that if a clown tries to move into it instead of anemone.

I do have a galaxea and frog spawn. They used to host the frog spawn before it started closing up on them and they were fine with that but maybe the galaxea could do it?

I do have a galaxea and frog spawn. They used to host the frog spawn before it started closing up on them and they were fine with that but maybe the galaxea could do it?

Very possible. I stopped paying attention to it because my clowns eat like pigs and act normal despite the little black spots.

Back
Top Bottom