Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-24-2008, 09:42 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks for all advice.Yes first i was really depressed.But i decided not to gave up!!!!I was so depressed because i knew how hard it is gonna be to catch all fishes if i have to.It would take me probably about 3 hours to take all corals and rocks and catch all fishes.I decided i give one try.In one hand flakes close to the surface,second a net.They come close for food,one scoop and i got him!!!!!!I got so lucky.I gave him formaline dipp<first time in my life> and put him in quarantine tank.All fishes in display tank looks great.Today he is happy,eat well,no black spots.Here is my question.I m prety sure that stress was the reson.After i put the flame angel <2 weeks ago>he fight with her for 4 days and never accept her.Since then he was nervus you could see that.So how long should i keep him in QT.And should i ever put him back to desplay tank?It is gonna be the same story.Flame angel is still there.Or should i gave him back to some lfs to avoid problems.What would You do???

Old 07-24-2008, 10:05 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

3 bath treatments (once daily or every other day) up to 60mins: .50ml/gallon (Noga). Don't forget to add extra aeration since Formalin starves DO.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:56 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks everybody.It is been a week now.He is in Q.T.I did 3 formaline dipp since.He looks fine.All fishes in display tank looks fine.How long i have to keep him in Q.T?What would You guys do?Should i try to give him to some lfs store or risk to get infected again in main.Once the fish was sick i think it has tendency to be sick again.Flame angel is still there.What You guys think?
Old 07-28-2008, 11:22 PM   #14
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

IMO if you keep all the stress factors down like keeping him fed on greens and excellent water params he should be OK. I know mine beat it that way.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black spot, black spots, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com