Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-24-2003, 04:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to Smonkey15 Send a message via MSN to Smonkey15
black spots on yellow tang

black spot disease, or Tubellarian worms. i have found very little about this desease online anywhere so i dont know much about it. i have quarantined the tang and he looks visibly healthier. do i need to do anything to the main tank? is this something that only affects tangs, because i have read that it is. if so, will the parasite die off in the main tank becuase the tang has been removed? and do i just use common ich treatment for this or what? also, i have hermit crabs in there and i read that they carry ich on them sometimes. is there a way to treat them? what do i do? thanks

Smonkey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 06:45 PM   #2
Most often a simple FW dip is all you need to kill Turbellarian worms or you can use hyposalinity treatment. They are very easy to eliminate from fish. The only caution is they, like other parasitic problems must not have a host to infect thereby continuing the life cycle. I am not 100% sure but leaving the tank fallow for 6 weeks should be enough.

I have not heard of roundworms affecting inverts before, where did you find that? Some will prey on pods but they do not in fact "infest" them the same as corals or fish.

black spot, black spots, tan, tang, yellow tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com