Bleached anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably. I'd never use bulbs for a year. Check out the ati bulbs. I used ati special blue, blue plus, and Fiji purple (not an ati bulb). Put together a nice blue tank.

You have a picture ?
Im curious now is it easier to replace all 6 bulbs or buy a MH fixture ?
Do I only have to reach the white bulbs or blue too ?

Just replace them all and them you'll know when they all need replaced again. No I don't have Amy pictures from my old tank.
You don't need a MH fixture. They work, but are ancient tech and will raise the to drastically. If you want a new unit, get LEDs. The taotronics are cheap and work wonders.

Just replace them all and them you'll know when they all need replaced again. No I don't have Amy pictures from my old tank.
You don't need a MH fixture. They work, but are ancient tech and will raise the to drastically. If you want a new unit, get LEDs. The taotronics are cheap and work wonders.

Should I stay with the 54w 10 kk bulbs or go with different intensity ?

I'd change it. Check out the ati blue plus and special blue bulbs. Them with the Fiji purple make a nice looking tank. I like the Fiji as it is more purple while the ati purple is pink.

I'd change it. Check out the ati blue plus and special blue bulbs. Them with the Fiji purple make a nice looking tank. I like the Fiji as it is more purple while the ati purple is pink.

Another question related to nems ,
I noticed when she travels past where I had a coral ,
The coral doesn't look good for awhile ,
I'm assuming she has stung it .
I have a bunch of mushrooms coming on live rocks that I was planning on only keeping a few and killing the rest and curing the rock ,
I heard having mushrooms in a tank they release a chemical that can potentially kill anemones ,
Is this true ?

Those ATI bulbs Hank mentioned are much more potent than the Current lamps you are using now. They will help you squeeze every bit of PAR out of your fixture. With only a 4 lamp fixture, I would skip the KZ Fiji Purple lamp, and just use 2 ATI Blue Plus, and 2 ATI Aquablue Specials.

Those ATI bulbs Hank mentioned are much more potent than the Current lamps you are using now. They will help you squeeze every bit of PAR out of your fixture. With only a 4 lamp fixture, I would skip the KZ Fiji Purple lamp, and just use 2 ATI Blue Plus, and 2 ATI Aquablue Specials.

They are 6 bulb fixtures
But I was thinking sticking to the blue ,
ATI is the make ?

Oh...with a 6 bulb fixture you can add a purple lamp if you like. I'm not really fond of them but many people are. When you add these new lamps you are increasing your fixture's potency. In some cases you may want to shield the livestock partially, perhaps with a few sheets of window screen or something to dull the intensity a bit for the first couple weeks and gradually remove it, to lessen any adverse reaction to the sudden increase.

Oh...with a 6 bulb fixture you can add a purple lamp if you like. I'm not really fond of them but many people are. When you add these new lamps you are increasing your fixture's potency. In some cases you may want to shield the livestock partially, perhaps with a few sheets of window screen or something to dull the intensity a bit for the first couple weeks and gradually remove it, to lessen any adverse reaction to the sudden increase.

Would it be better to change a one or a few bulbs at a time ?

You could do that. 2 lamps a week maybe?...

The temp is more likely the cause of bleaching ?
She seams to be starting to get color back ,
I've been feeding her shrimp or scallops everyday ,
What is it with the fresh seafood that makes my skimmer go crazy ?

Probably oily. But, don't feed so much. It can either lead to high nitrates or just that it takes a ton of energy for an anemone to digest. Just stick with lighting and stable parameters.

Probably oily. But, don't feed so much. It can either lead to high nitrates or just that it takes a ton of energy for an anemone to digest. Just stick with lighting and stable parameters.

Oh .
I was to the understanding that a bleached anemone needs help with getting more nutrients and gets it through food , more food , lights and stable water conditions .

Actually, I disagree with not feeding. I would be feeding it small pieces of chopped fish or shrimp a few times a week. Not so much that it causes problems with your parameters however. Like a piece a third the size of a pea for a baseball sized anemone.

Actually, I disagree with not feeding. I would be feeding it small pieces of chopped fish or shrimp a few times a week. Not so much that it causes problems with your parameters however. Like a piece a third the size of a pea for a baseball sized anemone.

Mine is considerably smaller now then it normally was but still about 8" across .
1 whole shrimp might be a little too much but parameters seam to be good .

I've noticed she has found a new home and stretched out seaming to be relaxed ,
Any ideas why she would be so big in the last fe days ?
She seams to like her new spot she hasn't moved in over a week ,

image-3999987650.jpg

Anemone update .

Attachments

• image-3908355930.jpg
    image-3908355930.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 47
  • image-1319677377.jpg
    image-1319677377.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 66
Trying to get much light as possible. You want them to be inflated like that.

I don't know if you saw pictures before bleaching ,
She was huge before ,
It's nice to see her getting closer to her original size .

I don't know if you saw pictures before bleaching ,
She was huge before ,
It's nice to see her getting closer to her original size .

To help you imagine the size ,
My female clown is about 3"
The nem is now only about 12" across

Back
Top Bottom