Bleached BTA continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

usmcmarc

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I came in today and found the BTA completely closed. All that was visible was the brownish/tan ouside. About 1/2 hour later it looks like this (see pic)... What the heck is going on, It does not look too good to me.
Sorry for the crummy pic

Attachments

• nov06_0003_365.jpg
    nov06_0003_365.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 264
I'm pretty sure this was all covered in your other thread about the bta. It really comes down to 3 things.
1- You got a bleached, stressed amemone to start with.
2- Large clownfish can get rough with it and stress it more.
3- Your tank is too new and not stable/mature enough to revive a less than ideal specimen.
I don't see anything you can do at this point besides regular pwc's to keep your water parameters in line, and hope for the best...and get it out of the tank ASAP if you see it start to desintergate.

All I am trying to do is figure out what would be "normal" behavior for an anemone in this condition.

I undrstand the points you brought up, there is not much I can do to change that.

I have never seen a desintergated anemone before, so I though maybe this was a sign.

I wont ask about it anymore

CCCapt did not say anything out of line. He was just giving you some ideas to think and check about. Please keep us informed on what`s going on. We are interested. Please keep on asking.

Sorry if my answer offended you in some way. That wasn't my intention.

As you can see by my "post count", I don't try to answer everyone's questions. But, I have close to 20 yrs experience keeping a reef tank. When I see a question and I have experience in that subject, I give an answer based on my experiences. My answers are never intended to offend anyone and they are never an attack on anyone.

I wish there was an internet 20 yrs ago like there is today. I learned by reading and trial and error. There was no Aquarium Advice or any other forums to look for answers. We all now have a great tool to take advantage of and gets lots of info from lots of different people. Whether you decided to take advantage of that, and ask your questions, is up to you.

I wasnt offended, and do not feel cccapt was out of line.

I'm a pain in the a**, and I know it. I like to ask lots of questions.

I just got the impression that I may have asked the same question too many times and said I wasnt going to ask them again.

No issues here . :)

Your fist post contained...
What the heck is going on, It does not look too good to me.
Then your reply to cccapt said
I have never seen a desintergated anemone before, so I though maybe this was a sign.

Ah, the problems of communication in the digital age. If your second statement was part of your original post everyone would have known you were asking a specific question about something you had not seen before. The first post was a very general post, and most of the regulars have already read if not responded to your first posting about this bta.

Keep asking lots of questions. It's the best way to learn.

Back
Top Bottom