In my 74 gallon bow front my mushrooms are turning white and my brain coral is failing. my ph is 8.4, nitrite 0, ammonia less than 0.25 but not 0, nitrate was 50 until I added carbon and nitrex to filter bags. temp is 74-78
My lighting is all power compacts half are actinic and half are daylight reef bulbs. The light are on 12 hours per day. I am trying to get rid of Aiptasia (?) not sure on the spelling.
The watts per gallon is just under 7, and the brain is on the bottom of the tank while the mushrooms are towards the top. Shoud I switch these around??
I supplement the flake food with coral-vital, phyto-plex, and calcium. Any help would be appreciated
I do 25% water changes every two weeks using bottled Culligan water.