Bleaching nem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bectan01

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all, my BTA has bleached in the last week or so. It's been in the tank for about 7months and has been happy and healthy even doubled in size! I have a 200L tank, use the 54w 4x t5ho (bought new with the nem) params are stable with nitrates never more than 5, weekly water changes. No new additions to the tank since its been there. Foot still has colour and has a strong hold for now. Have reduced feeding to smaller amounts once a week. Thoughts?

Wat exactly Is ur tank dimension? For deeped tank t5 might not be that well depend on the bta location. Also have u change ur light bulb ? As the spectrum of t5 decrease every 6 to 10 months. Keeping nem is very tricky sometimes they can just bleach out even nothing changed except spectrum of ur bulb. I can't tell u that is the case for sure. But if u checked every else are at it's best and all testing are fine. Then lighting would be only reason. Also nem doesnt need to feed that often. It's main food source is light. Feeding can be done once a week

Thank you for your reply! Tank is 4ft wide, 1 and half tall. It does sit quite high in the tank, since I put it in it has never moved. Starting to regret the T5 purchase anyway as I battle temp in summer time. Might upgrade (again) to LEDs, would solve a few problems!

Back
Top Bottom