blind and bumpy copperband

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

murcos

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was at the lfs a week or so ago and they had a "special needs" copperband. He had been shipped to the lfs and arrived to them with what looked like an exploded eye. It was pretty gross, and it was obvious he couldn't see well out of it. THe sap that I am, I took it home. In the q-tank he went, and I watched him for a week, then he went into my main tank. I am happy to say that his eye is healing rather well. I am not sure what was wrong but his eye is growing back, and I can see his pupil now and he even looks like he can see a bit out of it.

However, something weird developed on one of his fins. I know what ick looks like, and I am pretty sure that it isn't it. It looks like a large white bump on his fin. Very visible, almost like if he had a large fuzz on his fin. Does anyone know what this could be, or how I should treat it?

THanks for the help!

here's a picture, I tried, sorry guys...

Attachments

• fish2_113.jpg
    fish2_113.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 127
  • fish3_598.jpg
    fish3_598.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 32
Looks like a bacterial infection. What are you feeding it? Do you suppliment with garlic, selcon, etc.

Back
Top Bottom