Blind Lightning Wrasse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boges_au2006

Aquarium Advice Activist
Recently i had ammonia go up in my tank. slightly but its under control now. all fish were fine except my lightning wrasse. it seems to be not swimming as much now. (it used to be swimming back and forward all the time) it hides a lot. and when it does swim it seems to be crashing into the live rock and such. also it isnt eating. help please??

everything is fine. ph is at 8 nitrite 0 ammonia 0 only thing is the nitrate is like 40. cant get it down. but its better then wat it was

Hmmm, has he eaten yet?
Do you soak your food in garlic guard?

thanks for the help. but he was never a finicky eater until the ammonia spike :(:( he was always first to be fead. i woke up this morning and i seen him swimming slowly back and forward just under the surface of the water. swimming a lot better but kinda to one side. had a look and one eye seems to be buldging a bit. still wouldnt eat though and he looks like he is nearly gone :(:(

That sounds like ammonia poisoing. Can you QT him and lower the pH below 7 slowly?

no sorry i cant. should i take it to the lfs or should i set some kind of container or something up?

Back
Top Bottom