Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-24-2005, 01:30 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well, I've tried the Formula Two and I bought some frozen freshwater mysids and also some frozen "Brine shrimp plus". The naso took a couple of mysids, but spit most out, same with the Formula Two . He will go crazy for flake and nori though. Just doesn't seem like that would be enough to sustain him. Does seem to have lost a little weight since I first got him too. I'll keep trying!!

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities...have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:20)
johnkristie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 01:11 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Wow, not even brine? I've never had a fish that wouldn't eat brine (but I stopped feeding that about a year ago, been doing this 6yrs now). I would say in the meantime to feed little amounts several times a day of the flake and keep nori there as constant as you can. I put some out 3X per day. He might gain it back, you never know, just keep tring. Let us know if he gets worse or you find something he likes. My prayers are with you .

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 04:11 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

my naso eats formual 1&2 but loves the alge strips I hang in the tank. I've hade it for two weeks and seems to be doing fine.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:02 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

I guess I was just a bit too nervous with my new naso. He is starting to eat other stuff now. Still seems to like flake and nori best, but I 've gotten him to take some Formula 2 and a little bit of the frozen freshwater mysids. Thanks to everyone for their help!!

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities...have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:20)
johnkristie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eat, eating, naso

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com