Blood red fire shrimp fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mp3z24

Aquarium Advice Freak
:oops: first off, that is for not doing ALL my research before buying something.

i bought 2 of these shrimp and i didnt pay attention to the fact that they will harass any others that arent their mate. so, naturally the bigger one chases the smaller one when they are in the same area.

they are usually ok since my 55 is big enough to keep the separated most of the time... but the big guy is definately a bully.

will they ever calm down and accept each other?
will they be like clowns and one change sex?

gotta make a mistake some time... might as well be with my first purchase. :wink: but on a good note, the black percula that i got in the same order is doing nicely in my QT.

~mike

I would imagine a 55 is big enough for them to separate. I only have one in my tank. Thanks for the info. I`ll know not to get another one.

Thats strange??? I have 3 in my 125 and 2 get along great and the 3rd I added a year after the other 2 he just hangs by himself. The others do not bother him and they all come out to feed in the samy area. I plan on getting at least 1 more. They do not hang as tight as my skunk cleaners did, those 2 were almost always within antenna reach of each other.

Back
Top Bottom