Blue damsel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nicsak90

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I love the bright blue color of these fish but mine has been a problem ever since I got it home, in the store the guy told me that one blue damsel would probably be okay with 2 clown fish but I should not get more than one b/c it could possibly become agressive.....so here he is....he was healthy when I brought him home then he wouldn't eat so we tried mysis? Shrimp....and he finally sprung to life a week or so has passed and he's just gone down hill quickly, he's not as aggressive but he is obviously sick, I'm not sure what I should do with him, I don't think I've given him a fair chance but I don't kno how to make him better

image-4266620881.jpg

This is when I first brought him home

image-2134065061.jpg

This is him now

What size is your tank? What are your perameters? What is your temp? How much live rock? How often do you feed? Are the clowns the only other inhabitants? Useing any chemicals? How long has the tank been up???

No scratching, he's not moving much, he just looks skinny and like he is gasping for air almost? Like moving his mouth very quickly...

I have a 36 gallon tank
about 45 pounds of live rock

And i will add a pic of everything else in my tank
It's a lot easier than typing it

Attachments

• image-2802448196.jpg
    image-2802448196.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 66
This morning he did not come out at all, I looked for him for hours I just assumed he died otherwise I would not have purchased fish today

No scratching, he's not moving much, he just looks skinny and like he is gasping for air almost? Like moving his mouth very quickly...

I have a 36 gallon tank

Alright if he is gasping for air and breathing fast he ether has ich,velvet, or gill flukes. Look each of these up on google and you can figure out which one it is. Is there surface agitation? Power heads?

I have a 36 gallon tank

How did you acclimate the little guy? Did you QT?

Wow sorry I missed some if ur other ?s I feed them 2ce a day usually, I've been giving them about 10 mysis? Shrimp and then spectrum pellets, he's not eating anything but when I first got him the pellets were to big so I was breaking them in half...like I said tho now he's just flat out not eating

I will deffinetly look those up I'm not sure what u mean about the surface agitation or power heads I don't kno what those are....I also don't kno what qt means (sorry I'm very new to everything) I let him float for 20 minutes then added a little water at a time and waited 5 minutes before I added more until the water was about doubled then I used a net and threw the water from the bag out,

I will deffinetly look those up I'm not sure what u mean about the surface agitation or power heads I don't kno what those are....I also don't kno what qt means (sorry I'm very new to everything) I let him float for 20 minutes then added a little water at a time and waited 5 minutes before I added more until the water was about doubled then I used a net and threw the water from the bag out,

Forget about what i said with the surface agitation

Back
Top Bottom