Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-02-2015, 12:39 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Regular

It's gone now. It got to where it couldn't swim up it seemed. Then he layed down and that's where I found him the next morning. I've lost 3 fish like that now. 4 other fish couldn't look better.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Old 01-02-2015, 12:52 PM   #22
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

What size tank is this and what are the other 4 fish in the tank? What 3 fish have died? What are the current parameters?

Sniperhank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 01:18 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Trey, if you could break things down as to where you where and where you're at not it would be very helpful, as in your previous threads, there is a lot going on. Starting on 12/23/14 with a 55 that was started 25 days prior. Possibly having a naso in that tank along with the blue hippo as the 12/29/14 thread states one of them had ich and was searching for remedies while upgrading to a 150g. A lot of different things come to mind in regards to tank size, a completed cycle, stocking too soon/overstocking, fish stress, sick fish, and no mention of QT.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!
Old 01-02-2015, 02:42 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Regular

November 26th: I put mixed saltwater in the tank and began setup. You guys can see the equipment and everything on my profile. It is a 55 gallon with 40 lbs of rock. The 4 current living fish: photon clownfish, da Vinci clownfish, starry blenny, and wheelers watchman goby. Current deceased ( in order ): blonde naso, orange back fairy wrasse, and hippo tang. My parameters have never exceeded 0.01 on ammonia, nitrates, or nitrites. I have steady 8.4 ph and 1.024-25 salinity. I have Purigen and phosguard in my media. I add stability everyday and use reef plus, reef fusion, and reef iodine.

The current living fish are my original 4. They are all healthy and very active. My blenny is territorial and seemed to hate the wrasse from the start. Anyway, I got the Naso 2 weeks ago from saltwater fish.com and he showed no signs of anything up until adding the other deceased fish. I do not have a qt. That will be what my 55 gallon will be when my 150 is finally done.

Old 01-02-2015, 02:45 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Blue Hippo Tang

So you never cycled the tank? Also you can stop wasting your money on those additives

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 01-02-2015, 02:49 PM   #26
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

First, stop adding things to your tank. If you can't test for it, don't add it. You basically have unchecked levels of iodine continuing to raise in your tank. So just cut that out totally.
You had aggression issues due to the size of the tank. Blenny's can be territorial, which could go away after time. It could have bullied the wrasse and stressed it to death. As for the tangs, a 55 just isn't enough room for these open water swimmers. They need 6ft long tanks to simulate their environment. Keeping these guys in smaller tanks, even until an upgrade, usually ends up in situations just like this. Worry about tangs when you get the larger tank.
Sniperhank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 02:53 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Regular

I have been through the diatoms and I have a little too much hair algae now. I also use tap water currently until i purchase an rodi unit.

Old 01-02-2015, 03:00 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Regular

Aggression was what I thought also. My Naso tang was fine until I added the other fish. I could've kept it just fine but I added the others. It's a learning thing though. Thanks Sniperhank

Old 01-02-2015, 04:47 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Regular

I did cycle the tank big red

Old 01-03-2015, 01:17 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Regular

I've kind of considered it his natural behavior but should my Starry Blenny swim to the sand bed and hit it and go back to where he was perched? He used to do it a lot but stopped when the other fish came. Now that they've passed, he's back at it again.

Tags
blue, blue hippo tang, hippo, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com