Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-31-2015, 11:10 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Update on parameters

Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
PH 8.3
Nitrates between 10-20 (could this be due to vacuuming the sand?)
Sal 1.022

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 02-05-2015, 03:28 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

nitrate spike could def be due to the vacuuming of the sandbed. I never ever vacuum mine, and in the past the most I have done is lightly go over the surface and not disturbing the sand at all. BUT nothing a water change or two wont cure.

Yep, lighting should have absolutely zero impact on the tangs life, he may be a little put off but it wont cause anything bad to happen. Hippos' can be really finicky though and are a weird fish. Mine jams himself in the rockwork if I walk by still, even after I have had him for several years. he also will pick up frags and hide them behind the rocks. lol I cant put frags in the tank anymore unless I glue them down now. He also doesnt like snails or hermits, I have seen him pick them up and run away with them. For sure a weird fish. lol

Old 02-07-2015, 10:15 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks all for the reply's. It managed to scratch it's sides raw the it quit. They are healing nice. Now he just tries to up sneak up on my clown and tries to rub them. It's still eating normal. I watched a video on marine velvet and thought that might of been what was going on. It was a lighter powder blue a few days after scratching the rocks. Not it's back to the normal blue color. It's got me puzzled.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tags
blue, blue hippo tang, hippo, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com