Blue Linckia - Rogor Mortis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbro

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got a blue linckia and he's very rigid. I thought for sure it was rigor-mortis. He's been acclimating in a drip for an hour now, and I'll keep him acclimating and checking posts. He's still got great color, but he was shaped like an umbrella when I put him in acclimation pail and he's been that way ever since. A couple of arms are curling up in the corner, but I don't know if that just gravity. I'm posting this as a new message, looking for advice.
BTW- He was shipped from liveaquaria.com and FED-Ex really screwed up and kept him in Indianapolis overnight. That is why I'm freaking out.

He may be very cold. I would do a super slow acclimation and see how it goes.

He may be very cold. I would do a super slow acclimation and see how it goes.
Thx. That's what I'm doing. 2 hours so far. How long should I go? Should I wait for signs of movement?

Go until the tank water and the container water match in temp, ph and spg. Then you could add him. Just don't expose him to air or touch him with your bare hands and don't add the bag water. (maybe you already know this).
If he's OK, its more likely he'll start moving around once placed in the tank.
Good luck, he could just be shocked a bit....long journey. :|

Thx again. I didn't know about touching him with my hand, and I did a lot of research. Too late now, but it was just the quck transfer from bag to acclimation pail, mostly surrounded by water.
Just one more question (hopefully). How long before I can turn on the lights? Liveaquaria recommends 4 hrs, but that's where I think my patience is going to run out.
BTW- I also added a marble star and green carpet anemone and both are doing fine, so far. Your advice is very much appreciated, Quarry.

Just an update:

Everybody is doing fine, especially the Linckia. He's made his way up and over my tallest rock and is waving his arms and having a good ol time!
Thanks again for your help. I'll reply in a couple weeks with an update.

Jack

Back
Top Bottom