Blue Spot Jawfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RussianRocket

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,
I have a blue spot jawfish that is in my tank for a while now. He has been exploring around and today I knoticed that he has a minor cut on his "cheek" or gills (most likely from a rock). He still looks, acts very healthy. Still explores the tank, eats when the food is given. There is absolutely nothing changed just noticed that cut. I just want to make sure that there is nothing to worry about :)
What do you think?
Thanks for all the input!
Here is a pic to show what I mean:

Attachments

• jawfish.jpg
    jawfish.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 431
I don't imagine there being much problem with it. If it gets bad enough you might want to QT it and use Metaflex to fight infection. He could have just cut it on the rock but i just have 1 question. Is there any bigger shrimp in the tnak with claws like coal banded shrimp?

I only have 2 cleaner shrimp, would that cause a problem? Anything specific that I should watch out for, ie when it would need to be put in a qt tank? Thanks for a super fast reply! :)

If he is acting/feeding as normal you are ok. Also look for signs for infection, but it looks like everything is good. You start worrying when these things change.

Make sure of pristine water parameters. Check frequently for secondary problems or infection. If he needs it you might need to QT and treat with an antibiotic.

Depends from fish to fish but with a small cut like that and if there is no infections or anything then it shouldn't take much time at all.

Depends from fish to fish but with a small cut like that and if there is no infections or anything then it shouldn't take much time at all.

Even though I do agree that it depends on the fish it also depends on the water quality. Keep close tabs on that.

Back
Top Bottom