Blue tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cb24

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know what this is? It's like white/grey patches
- it's a little around it's face but then a big patch around his tail

Attachments

• image-3885745393.jpg
    image-3885745393.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 112
  • image-1602129373.jpg
    image-1602129373.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 123
Looks to be a body fungus type infection of those areas. Possible it injured itself at those places by scratching. If you can catch him and put him in a hospital tank, I'd treat with Furan 2 which attacks both gram + and gram - organisms.
Hope this helps

It's more like patchy then little individual spots

So is everyone thinking it's a fungus infection?

What is this? I've been treating him for fungus but I'm just making sure that's what it is

Attachments

• image-1309436361.jpg
    image-1309436361.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 81
If it was fungus it would be outside the skin. That looks like a lesion into the skin. Is that what it is? Hard to tell from the pic.

It now has a greyish look with like white dots on it. But it's nowhere but in one spot near the the start of his fin. Could this just be a cut? Or an open sore? It has a little red in it also. But once again it's just a bump that's grey with some red but white on the outside bubbling looking

What is this? I've been treating him for fungus but I'm just making sure that's what it is

Call me crazy but to me, it looks better now than it did in the original pics. The effected area seems to be smaller. If that is correct ( can't tell for sure from the pic) then I'd say the med is working. If not correct, try to get a better pic of just the effected area.

You are right it just seems to be shrinking but I'm thinking with every infection as it gets better it look gross but shrinks in size so I think he is getting better

You are right it just seems to be shrinking but I'm thinking with every infection as it gets better it look gross but shrinks in size so I think he is getting better
I'd continue treatment as directed and just make sure you keep a record of which med you used for this in case it comes up again.
Good luck (y)

Back
Top Bottom