Blue Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thumper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My Blue Tang appears to have kinda cloudy eyes, Whats up with this?

It has been scratching it's side some and I have had it about 2 months. I have no idea if it was caught in the wild or not, The water is
Am.0
no2 0
no3 10-15
ph 8.2
salinity 1.23
It eats like a horse and gets along with all it's tank mates. Other that the eyes being a little cloudy and scratching every now and then it seems fine.
Fins look perfect as well

I bet your right. I kinda had that thought in the back of my head but didnt want to believe it. He will go into a qt tank asap.
Both eyes are cloudy and he has been laying under a rock tonight and not moving a lot, he still eats good but their is certainly a problem.

Any other fish in the system? They will need to be moved and treated too.

This is so crazy, months with no problems and then all of the sudden BAM. Well this morning we had lost or dottyback, DOA. and our sailfin tang is breathing heavily on the bottom of the tank and i'm out of town with not a thing I can do about it. it will be this afternoon when we can get a handle on things. Tough luck.

Had a friend put the sailfin in a bucket with fresh sw and a powerhead untill I get back.
I recently installed 3 mh's and was wondering it this could have an effect on the fish.

Sorry. :(
As soon as you get back I woudl suggest moving them all and begin treatment. I would bet its velvet. ICh does not kill this fast. See above link for treatment.

Back
Top Bottom