Blue tang attacking my small clown.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimmye4fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had these fish since Christmas and never shady problem. We have 2 clowns (one a little larger than the other). The tang just attacks the smaller one and shakes the crap out of it. The fire angel and the tang are always together but the angel doesn't bother anyone. The tang is only about 2 inches long. Have no idea what to do.

I believe he is just establishing the pecking order. Hopefully things will calm down soon.

Blue tangs are big fish. Even tho he is only 2" right now, he still knows he's a big fish. He is in a tank less than 1/2 the recommended size and territory will always be an issue. That may have been what led to the death of your royal gamma previously.

Hmm I never thought of that. I knew the tangs needed at least a 150 gallon tank. We plan on moving in about a year and planned on upgrading to a larger tank about 200-300 gallons. I was going to put the larger fish in the big tank and put the 75 in our bedroom. I will have to read up on the pecking order. I'm still a rookie and learning as I go. Thanks for all the info and help. It's much appreciated as usual.

If tangs ain't getting enought algae they can become aggressive toward other fish

Back
Top Bottom