Blue tang got ich, advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Schism said:
Any update? Ich hatch yet?

Tang looking much better, but I'm not getting my hopes up. No spread to other fish as far as I can see so far. All eating very well, very active, and healthy. Had a small bit pop up after the large amounts fell off the tang. Still in the danger zone though, time will tell.

Bkmrsteel said:
Tang looking much better, but I'm not getting my hopes up. No spread to other fish as far as I can see so far. All eating very well, very active, and healthy. Had a small bit pop up after the large amounts fell off the tang. Still in the danger zone though, time will tell.

Yep time will tell. Keep us posted;)

So far, so good. The ich still has not seemed to spread to any other fish. They are all alive, eating, and doing very well. The tang had improved, and while I found today two small specs on him, it pales in comparison. He has stoped scratching, and is fully flaring his fins much more.

The blue tang still had not found a friend in the cleaner shrimp, but he buggs the wrase all the time to pick at his side for him (not as much now) very cute.

I swapped a week or two back from my garlic food to formula one. Still skimming the water full time and the uv serialize is working properly.

I'm still in the danger zone, but I think I have it in check for now. If I have dodged this bullet, I think its simply from killing as much free ich in the uv as can, and starving the rest with a large body of water, and few fish to come in contact with it.

I'm still prepared to yank all the fish if anything changes, and dont recommend this to anyone. I could see a very strong uv being used to help prevent an out break. That is if your some one that thinks there is always a low level of ich in every tank. May be, who knows?

Back
Top Bottom