Blue tang is still acting funny...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

titoav15

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got him 3 weeks ago or so. At first he looked stressed so I I thought he has to get used to the aquarium and his room mates. He got into a tiff with a damsel first week so i removed all of my damsels. After that, my tang was doing great, eating like a pig shrim and pleanty of algea. I thought that that was the end and he is happy now. This weekend i did a partial water change. 3 days after the tang got bad. He has no signs of ick, I checked his fins and eyes all clear. It seems like his pupules got bigger or something. I have a cleaner shrim in the tank, he comes by the tang but the shrimp doesnt clean anything off of the tang. Blue tang was all active before and now he is in his hiding spot. He is laying there verticaly not on his side. Just his stomach on the rock and balances himself.. His colors are more or less difined now.. is it stress? I never had this problem before. Whats the matter whith him???

I got a blue tang about a week ago, Mine was really stressed when i put him in. He went into a hiding spot and i seriosuly thought he died, Wasnt moving or anything. But he comes out here and there now and my coral beauty and him and good mates now.

When i stick my hand in the tank for food or whatever, He does go hide. His not use to me yet.

So dunno, Maybe stress? Water tests all good? They require alot of air in the water, So how are you getting oxygen into the water?

How large is your tank. Are you dosing the tank with anything? Did you match the salinity and temp of your PWC water to exactly the same as the water in your main tank? Any other fish in the tank? What are your tank parameters. And please, spare us the, "water conditions are just fine" routine. You need to put down exactly what your tests kits read. Nitrite, Nitrate, Ammonia, pH, Salinity, and Calcium, Carbonate Hardness, and alkalinity if you do have tests for those. But for now, Nitrite, Nitrate, Ammonia, pH, and Salinity will give us a better idea of what is going on inside your tank. Better safe than sorry, and if your water tests ARE all in fact "fine" and the water is not the problem.. then we can start to think about the history of the tank and what has been going on so far. And i reiterate.. how large is your tank?

Back
Top Bottom