Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-25-2013, 07:44 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

may I ask what size tank he is? Could be stress from to small a tank. Have you checked you PH, Nitrates, Phosphates, salinity etc...?

Old 02-26-2013, 03:06 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Newbie

[IsOTE=bavass;2357974]may I ask what size tank he is? Could be stress from to small a tank. Have you checked you PH, Nitrates, Phosphates, salinity etc...?[/QUOTE]

It is a 75 gallon tank and yes i have there are no issues with any of the levels

Old 02-26-2013, 06:25 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

That may be the issue. Tangs can become very stressed which can lead to disease when they are put in tanks that are less than 6 feet long. In fact lots of tang need large tanks.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavass View Post
That may be the issue. Tangs can become very stressed which can lead to disease when they are put in tanks that are less than 6 feet long. In fact lots of tang need large tanks.
Yea you might be right. That's weird they told me at the store that my tank would be sufficient but they must have been wrong because that is the only thing that I can think of that would be causing this
Old 02-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Your best bet is to look at places like liveaquaria.com They give minimum tank sizes, compatibility, etc. Your fish store is going to try and make a buck off of you. I've heard mine say things like "that could work" to people where I know that "yes, it could", but the odds are against it.

I say it daily...multiple times daily sometimes, but putting fish in smaller than suggested tanks leads to problems. Stress Messes with immunity. that opens them to all sorts of problems. It's rare that we see posts with fish in proper sized tanks with issues. That can't be coincidence.

Tags
blue, blue tang, ick, sick, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com