blue tang spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jsmith79

Aquarium Advice Freak
had a couple of spots on my blue tangs head, removed him from the display tank and put him in qt. No other spots on any other fish in
display tank, and it has been a few days now. I was thinking about treating him with hypo, but he dosen't have any new spots showing up and seems to be ok. After reading an article that said only a few blue tangs out of a hundred don't have ich, and they are the king of ich. I thought maybe i should treat him with hypo just to be safe. any ideas?

Doing hypo on just the regal will not solve the big problem...Ich is in your DT ..as soon as you put the regal back in he'll likely get it again...

How would I know it is in there if no other fish have any signs of it and he still only has two spots not even sure it's ich?

Read more about the stages of ich. It goes back and forth between the fish and the sand bed.

I have read about it and it's "disappearing act" but I'm not sure if ich is what's in my tank I have not seen any other signs other than a couple spots on the blue tang and they were not as small as the ones I have seen in pictures so far all other fish are good and blue tang doesn't have any new spots. Hopefully the spots were from something else.

Back
Top Bottom