Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-28-2005, 04:55 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks for all the help you guys at AA are great

Old 05-28-2005, 05:51 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Quote:
Originally Posted by sango
They will drop off the fish, but if there are more of them in the tank then yes the fish will become infected again.. It also depends on how bad the fish is too. So yes it does work.
FW dips are very stressful, especially on an already ailing fish and can send them over the edge. Especially if not done right.
The point is, since treatment is already started, it is counterproductive to do one.
Dips have thier place, but in the case of crypt treatment, they do little.

Old 05-28-2005, 08:45 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Activist

Blue tangs are notorious ick magnets. I have one myself and have had him for about 7 months now. Shortly after I got him he became infested with ick and had the same symptoms as you have described (rubbing on the rocks, going to the cleaner shrimp, etc.) He had it for several weeks, then I came upon a thread discussing the use of garlic as a food additive. I bought some Kent's garlic extreme and have been adding it daily to their food (1 to 2 drops daily). No more ick problems since. Maybe it was just a coincidence... but I've become a garlic believer. You may want to try it.
Old 05-28-2005, 11:03 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

My tang is a picky eater. I tried flakes, lettuce and nori but it wont eat it. But it goes crazy for slow sinking morsels, can i dose the morsel with garlic??
Old 05-28-2005, 11:23 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Regular

the fresh water dip did no good 4 me it took about 10 weeks in a qt 4 my fish 2 get over it good luck
4ft tank 45kg LR- corals-torch coral,button corals,6 fuzzy mushrooms,18 mushrooms,toadstool,platecoral,golf-ball, cricket-ball,sponge and a few trees.fish-snowflake eel,blue-tang,chromie,halchoeres chrysus(banana-wrasse),2 gobies.inverts-2 stars,2 hermit-crabs,anemone-shrimp and a few snails
jayfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 11:34 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Quote:
can i dose the morsel with garlic??
Sure, it will help the immune system but still won't cure the ich.
Old 05-29-2005, 05:25 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Activist

Your Tang is a picky eater? Wow... all of the Tang's I've had have been absolute pigs. I soak nori in the garlic and they gobble it right down. You can also soak the food morsels in the garlic. Quarryshark is right... garlic won't "cure" the ick but it will apparently assist the fish by boosting it's immune system. I guess a lot of people will agree that you are only treating the symptoms and not the cause but I stand by my observation that my tang has not shown any further manifestations of ick, eat well, and appear perfectly healthy since I've started using garlic.

Tags
blue tang, tan, tang, white spots

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com