Brain Coral injury

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was doing a pwc and also doing some light vacuuming of the bottom of my tank and got a little too close to my brain coral. I accidently caught the brain coral in the suction. I didn't see where it might have "torn" anything but I've noticed that it hasn't gotten back to it's usual size. It's not inflated (like it's done in the past) and on the bottom of it, it's not the usual white color....a portion of edge of one corner is a pink color.

This has been going on for about a week. I've been doing some target feeding of this coral and it takes the food (FWIW).

The water parameters are as follows:

CA-380
SG-1.026
Ph - 8.1
Phos-.05
Ammonia-0
Nitrate - .1
Nitrite - 0

Suggestions??

Oh! and here's a before picture....don't have a current picture of it but I can snap off a couple tonight. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=100158

Hopefully it did not damage the fleshy part of the brain. Keep your water parameters in excellent shape.

Sounds like you're doing all you can do.

I did that with my bubble after it was already injured. Didn't realize how strong that suction was - easy mistake to make but I'm sure you're like me and won't do it again!

So far so good (I think). He still hasn't completely inflated to the normal size but he's eatting good and I've been doing pwc's about every 5 days.....I'm going to keep up on it. I really don't want to loose this one.

How is the brain doing?
Thanks very much for asking!

Back
Top Bottom