Brain not looking to hot.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gleach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Slowly but surly he seems to be recessing. Any input on what could be going on. All my parameters look good. Just very very little ammonia if any. I'm going to do ph test right now.
utypehej.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Another photo.

Attachments

• 1394668012078.jpg
    1394668012078.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 91
So I tried something I dipped him in some solution made to help sick coral we will see how it goes.

Very little ammonia? Ammonia is poison. If you have ANY ammonia present, you've answered your own question.

My test kit is a little misleading I think. I'm using api and when I finish my testing procedure the directions say to wait 5 minutes for the color to develop. After 5 min I'm showing the color to match at 0ppm but if I allow it to go any farther like 8 to ten it creeps up to .25. So I don't know what to conclude.

I wrote a message to api to get it squared away today but haven't got a response yet.

What was the coral dip? Corals can recede for many reasons- Ph swings, alkalinity swings, temp swings, high nutrient levels, flow issues...etc. Rule out these.

It's looking worse today. Im going to do a water change and give him a little less light. I'll dip him again after the water change. Here are my perams.
Ph 8.2/3
ammonia 0/0.25
kh 143.2 ppm or 8dkh
calcium 400ppm
nitrates 5.0ppm
Phosphates 0ppm
Nitrites 0ppm

I've been seeing low flow is the way to go but he is in a low flow area. The only play I could move him would be a hire flow area.

I talked to my lfs and showed him the photos he said it was likely caused by bacteria so dipping was the right thing to do. He said I should see it start to come back and not to dip it more that 4 times in 4 days.

That's good to know how can you tell if they are getting to much light?

Back
Top Bottom