broken coral aaaahhhhh!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stryder

Aquarium Advice Regular
I, being the clutz that I am, broke my new montipora (hard branchy) coral in a couple of pieces while trying to wedge it in a live rock. :x However when I looked at the pieces that lay on the bottom of the tank in about an hour or so they seemed to be still alive :eek: so I stuck them in the liverock and wished them luck. Anyone have a branch of coral survive and re root before??

wouldnt that be basically the same thing that ppl do when they frag them?

Hopefully!

wouldnt that be basically the same thing that ppl do when they frag them?

Yep, I frag through misadventure more often than I do it on purpose :p At any rate, use some superglue gell to glue the pieces to the LR, or...if your carful and can fit it to gether properly...you can glue the branches back on ;) I did that with my newest > digitata...and now you can't even tell.

Before...
DSCN5165.jpg

Now...
DSCN5337.jpg

WOW that pretty nifty!!! you cant even really tell even after seeing the before pic!

Wow thanks all!

I just stuck the pieces in some holes in the rock. It's a fairly new set up so exact positioning is not a big deal.

It's a fairly new set up so exact positioning is not a big deal.

It is for the coral, SPS do not fare well if they are not stable, hence the use of glue to hold them until they encrust.

Back
Top Bottom