Brooklynella?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill0181

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone familiar with this disease? Have you seen symptoms before? Reason for asking my clowns have recently stopped taking foods in any variety, shape or form. They grab the food and spit it out? Skin and gills look great and they are swimming fine? Anything would help!
Tank parameters: SG 1.023, PH 8, ammonia 0, nitrate and nitrites 0, temperature 78

image-3421254436.jpg

My tank had a parasite and it was killing clownfish and angelfish. Based on the symptoms similar to yours I ran the tank fallow for 8 weeks. Then added fish. Now there is a new parasite outbreak that has killed my cherub angel and left my two onyx clowns with white spots. It could be brooklynella or Ich. They are eating so I am hopeful.
How long have your clowns gone without eating?

Also just called my LFS about my fish and explained the symptoms my fish have. They have white dots and LFS said its Ich. I asked about brooklynella and they said that brooklynella would look like white skin/mucus over the fish's body. So if your clowns are not eating then it might be Ich and not brooklynella.
Here is what my fish look like right now.

image-1379895662.jpg

Back
Top Bottom