So, my lfs
says that their live rock is out of water for 2 days during transit to their store, and also bags the live rock in just plastic(not water in bag) to send home with me. Is this ok? How do I know that the live rock's good stuff did not die on the way to the store? Everything I have read says do not take it out of water. 2nd, I have brown algae in my 20g nano FOWLR
. 20-30 HOB
canister filter with sponge and biofoams, no powerhead just yet, salinity is 1.018, ammonia and nitrite 0, ph 8.4, nitrate 10. 15% wc
weekly. 2 algae eating crabs, and a couple of sneak in snails. Can I turn the lights off for a couple of days to rid the tank of algae? I hate to do this, because the last time I dimmed the lights because of ich, I lost all of the color to my live rock. It's all white now, except for the new brown algae.