Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-18-2011, 02:48 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Unhappy Brown Dirt .... Help

Hi all,
I need your help in the following; I have set up my marine tank one year ago I introduced some fishes last year before the cycle, as the pet shop guy told me ( yes I learnt it the hard way , waste of money and some poor fishes had to suffer) . After suffering all that I stopped introducing any fishes in my tank and left it for almost a year as I had to travel. Two months ago I introduced new fishes to the tank everything went great; fishes are alive and moving normally. Yet, am suffering from one thing, the brown dirt. This brown dirt shows on the glass of my tank and the sand every few days. Every time I clean the glass by whipping it with a sponge it shows again after 2 - 3 days. Itís annoying I canít get rid of it especially when it is all over the sand. I t can also be removed by whipping it with my finger.
The lighting in my tanks works for approximatly 8 hours
Could someone please help me with that? What is this and how can i get rid of it? Cleaning it wonít work as it re appears every few days. I tried changing 20% of the water, yet the same.
Please help me with that anyone
I have uploaded few pictures that might help

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 07-18-2011, 08:44 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Diatoms cut back on feedings up your PWC's it will pass dont worry it happens to nearly every one

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thanks alot, this is great news

will watch the feeding .

do you know how long it usually takes ? and how often I should do PWC's?
Old 07-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

last one i had cleared up in 2 weeks PWC's should be based on the water parameters I did 10-15% 2x a week untill i got every thing under control now i do a 10g pwc weekly(90g)and have no problems. It's all about the water

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dirt

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com