Brown jelly disease?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squidly

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, I have a Duncan coral that hasn't opened in about three days. My water parameters are all in check and it's placed with mid flow and medium lighting, it's always thrived but its condition seems to be worsening. Today Iv noticed what appears to be dark spots on the branches and just wanted to know if this is brown jelly disease...if so how do I cute it?

Attachments

• image-305049360.jpg
    image-305049360.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 925
Hi all, I have a Duncan coral that hasn't opened in about three days. My water parameters are all in check and it's placed with mid flow and medium lighting, it's always thrived but its condition seems to be worsening. Today Iv noticed what appears to be dark spots on the branches and just wanted to know if this is brown jelly disease...if so how do I cute it?

Greetings, well for me it's hard to clearly decipher anything from the pic because it's dark. But, if it's brown jelly the easiest method is to frag the infected heads and give the coral a dip in iodine solution. Brown Jelly will spread to other corals, it goes down the skeleton so you'll have to cut quite a good bit of the skeleton.. For brown jelly there isn't a true cure..

Frank

Thanks really appreciate the response ill keep you updated On the condition!

When my torch coral had it I had to break off the infected heads to save the rest of the coral. When it stars you`ll see the fleshy part start to detatch from the heads.

Back
Top Bottom