Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-14-2014, 04:33 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Brown jelly disease

Does this attack corella morphs? I moved my hammer which stopped opening to the other side of my tank where the others were thriving and within a day, noticed my LR which was near my other hammer and was full of corella morphs had no more left, they had dropped off or were brown mush. Now my massive pride and joy hammer on the other side of the tank is not opening and when I moved the wave maker to give more flow, it disintegrated. I had a problem with brown jelly a while back with a Duncan and tried to read up more last night with a solution found using Betadine but can't find the post again. Someone described BJD as being protozoans which are microscopic maggots in a sense. I used a torch on my rock this morning and actually saw a maggot looking creature quickly disappear into the rock. Could this be what's killing my corals? I am not liking my wavemaker either as it appears to be off more than on-it's an Aqua One 10,000.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
DI68 is offline   Reply With Quote

brown, disease, sea

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com