BTA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brund

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got a Bubble tip anemone a few days ago and he seemed to be doing fine but he had been slowly inching his way over to a crevice between two rocks and now has squeezed himself in and has been half closed all day? Should I be worried....and do anything? Water parameters are all fine except ammonia very slightly too high (added ammo lock, had just done a water change a few days ago). Also, should I feed him? LFS said not to but my clowns aren't hosting him yet....and how exactly do you target feed? BTW I have new LED lights being shipped to me bc I think I don't have enough for him (and I want to get corals). Thanks for any advice!

Wrong forum. This forum is for Community news or announcements. Moved to the SW sick fish or coral forum.

Thank you....I have one power head and the lights are t5 2 24 w bulbs I think....but have recently ordered 6000 lumen LED lights (they haven't arrived yet). Took my water to the LFS just as a back up and they said the ph is really low so that may explain things too. (it is weird bc I just checked ph yesterday and thought it was perfect so I don't know if I mixed the chemicals wrong or what ....). Thanks for te link!

This morning he is doing even worse :(. He had opened up a bit more last nite and seemed to be doing better....I added buffer this morning (it is only up to 7.8 now).... this morning he is more closed up and hardly moving his tentacles! How do I know if he's dead? I'm worried about not getting him out in time as I've heard they can 'wipe out a whole tank' if they aren't removed in time. Help!

It sounds like he may be on his least legs, sorry......The lighting I don't think is optimal at all for his needs. Have you tried to feed him?

If it is completely shriveled and just floats where the current takes it, it's gone. When you take it out you will smell it and it will turn to mush... This is what happened when mine passed. I hope he makes it, but your lighting coulda been the reason he didn't make it. Only reason I say that is because that was my issue too...

Thank you! I did realize the lighting wasn't good enough and ordered new but it didn't make it in time :(. I took him out, he wasn't attached and didn't smell but I think he was close to death (he was shriveled and not moving at all) and I was freaked out about the rest of the tank! I'm not trying another for a long time! (first one got sucked into power head). It's funny, I feel bad about it and have to keep reminding myself it didn't have a brain....just feel bad I killed it! Thank you though

Onto another question ....imagine that! The algae (I'm guessing green hair?) that came with my lr is getting pretty long. Am I supposed to just let it grow forever? Or trim it? Or try to kill it ? Thanks
PS it is only on the live rock

Btw I have 13 hermit crabs a shrimp and some snails that emerged from the live rock...or sand...

Brund said:
Btw I have 13 hermit crabs a shrimp and some snails that emerged from the live rock...or sand...

Try emerald crabs, cut back on lighting and feeding... Will eventually go away. You can also pull it out.

Thanks! Tried pulling some out ....yuck! Slimy! Was planning on getting a couple emerald crabs anyway!

Back
Top Bottom