Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Thanks for the compliment, much appreciated.
Yeah, that definitely makes sense, he knows better than to mess with the Nem, or the Maroon Mis-bar! Sucker bites me all the time when I get to close.
I suppose this is just another case of an uninformed LFS trying to sell more silversides, imagine that!!
Since joining the site, I've cut back on feedings, after reading all that's out there, but I felt just stopping altogether might shock it. So I feed him once every 14 days, maybe I'll slowly increase the time between feedings.
Since I started, almost 8 years ago, it's been ALL on my own. Just joined AA in Feb., wish I had this help from the start. Have relied on various LFS, some better than others. I hate for anyone to think I bought this set-up, I've slowly built it from the ground up, and I still love the hobby. Thank you for the polite banter, always learning!

Flreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
My gbta is about 10 inches when opened up. He's done extremely well. I feed him a very small piece of krill once every few weeks and it does well.

True I may not have to target feed at all, between photosynthisis and the few pieces of brine or mysis it snags it would be fine, but anything in the reef tank should thrive on a varied diet.

JustinKBreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #13
SW 20 & Over Club

Send a message via ICQ to ccCapt
I know where your coming from. Back when I setup my first reef tank about 25 yrs ago, there were no places on the internet to get information from. That was right after Al Gore invented the internet.
Anyway, I've been fortunate enough over the years to have been able to meet, see their presentations and have some long conversations with some of the top experts in the hobby. From Albert Theil, back when I first got started, to Eric Borneman, Anthony Calfo, Julian Sprung, Bob Fenner and Sanjay Joshi to name a few, when they spoke I absorbed what they had to say like a dry sponge.
For the most part, any advice I give is based on my personal experience and most of that is based on what I learned from those who really know. If I can help someone in any way, I feel I've done a little part in helping somone have a successful system. We all can always use some help and we all can always learn something new.
125g reef
See My Tank Info
Check out The build project
ccCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
Wow...25 years huh? That's awesome!
Those people are some heavy hitters. Arguably the best out there!
Your attitude and aptitude are a credit to the hobby, and a great benefit to this community.
Not trying to kiss &@$, just speaking the truth.
Thanks for the knowledge, and best of luck in whatever you do!
Toby G.

Flreefer is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com