BTA injured foot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicksgirl

Aquarium Advice Activist
Nick's Bubble Tip Anenome seems to have cut or torn his foot. He is brand new in the tank but there are no known preditors in residence. We think it might have happened at the LFS when they pulled him off a rock to bag him. The torn place is so deep you can see into it and see the underside of the white body. The question is: can anything be done to help the animal heal itself? Or is his condition fatal?

Anemones are pretty resilient. If you keep good water quality and provide it everything else it needs (lighting, flow, food, etc.) it should heal up just fine.

I agree with DT! You really need to keep up with your water quality for a while, and keep good flow on it. I would keep the skimmer clean, GAC or pads what ever else you use clean. They are like DT said very resilient critters.

Thanks for the optimism! I'll pass it along.

Right now, water quality is ideal. - We do have a pump down but the system has two pumps ordinarily so there is still some flow and the replacement part for the other pump is expected presently.

I'll tell Nick what you said.
Thanks!!

Update:
The injured anenome moved itslef over four feet across the tank last night and has wedged itself under a rock. (It did the same thing upon initial entry into the tank)... I am hoping it is merely hiding in order to protect itself while healing.

Let's hope it isn't the final walk!

Just to let you know - the BTA died over the weekend.
:(
I guess the good news is he didn't take anybody else with him. Nick was able to get him out of the tank pretty quickly.

Sorry to hear that. I was going to say that IME once the foot is torn that the results are not good. I`ve seen people try to scrape them off a rock and tear the foot and it was not long after that. Again I`m sorry.

Thanks! It's good to commisurate with like minded people... and good also to learn that those feet are fragile!..

Back
Top Bottom