Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-02-2014, 10:23 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

I buy my saltwater at the lfs near me. I have a 50 gallon tank and I do a 5 to 7 gallon water change. The salinity is at 1.025.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 04-02-2014, 10:28 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sorry I hit enter. I talked to another lfs and I ask the owner what kind of salt does he use, he said" a good quality reef salt" I forgot the name but he reassured he doesn't skimp on the mix because of the nutrients. I'm going to buy his salt this weekend and do a larger water change. Maybe 15 gallons. What is you advise Mr. X. I have a feeling the store I was buying saltwater at was skimping on the mix or something.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:30 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
It's possible. Especially with those parameters. I like to mix my own salt. That way, I'm sure of what's in it. A 15 gallon water change should go a long way towards correcting things, but I would rather see you do three 5 gallon changes, this way everything comes back to acceptable range slowly, instead of instantly.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:06 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Should I do 5 gallon change daily? Also I'm thinking during this water change I don't dose my tank? I was wondering why my anemone is so barren in the center?

Old 04-04-2014, 09:31 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Sure, you could do a 5 gallon water change every day. Test your water and see if anything changes. If it's not going the way you want it to, you need too change water sources and dose to correct. If it's changing for the better, I'd just wait it out.

Tags
bta

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com