Bubble Coral ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefaddict

Aquarium Advice Freak
My bubble coral is looking a bit more brownish then its usual white these days, and its opening up from the middle and these long hairy strings are flowing out of it!

Anyone know if there is something wrong here?

Thanks for any suggestions!

My bubble coral is looking a bit more brownish then its usual white these days, and its opening up from the middle and these long hairy strings are flowing out of it!

Can we get a pic? It could be waste (uh..poop), it could be actonia, it could be expelling it's zooxanthellae (what color is the stringy stuff).

I believe the long strings are probably sweeper tentacles. IT is probably feeling like it needs to protect it teritory and does so be releasing the sweepers. It will kill near by corals with these so be sure there are none around. The brown color could just be the coral has grown more of the internal symbiotic algae zooxanthellae. It needs this for photosynthsis. A picture would be nice.

Darin

www.captivereefs.com

I think I know what oyu are talkign about. Thry are nto tenticles. It actualyl looks liek hair got in the tank and then got caught up on the bubble coral structure. Nto sure what that is but it goes away.

I believe also he is talking about the sweeper tenicles. Mine does the same thing. Mine alternates between brown and green. You should be OK but to put all our minds at ease can you give a pic.

47324316708_0_ALB.jpg

still cant access it try hosting it on imageshack.us

Back
Top Bottom