bubble coral turning green?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brad.Sedore

Aquarium Advice FINatic
my bubble coral which is normally a purply blue color is starting to turn a dark green.. starting from the bottom up.

all my perameters are up

CA is 440. NO3 is a little high.. just above 15.

could this be a product of a sting from the hammer coral?... my starfish has been camping out around it.. could it have caused damage to it?

thanks
-Brad

Is this a new addition to the tank? First guess is that it's just shifting it's color as it's adapting to your tank's lighting. When I had one, it went from white/pink to green over the first few months I had it. All corals will color shift under different lighting/water conditions. Think I only have one coral that is still the same color as when I bought it.

When I added mine long ago it was white and gradually turned green. How about a pic of what you have now.

looking at pictures. it seems to slowly be darkening. the day i put it in it was white with a little purple shade to it... now its going darker and darker and the whole thing has a light green hue to it... i think its likely just changing color.. everything is inflating huge still so thats a good sign of health right?

-Brad

I would say it is. I have a bubble coral that you see his pic along time ago in my avatar. Here he is now ten yrs later

019.jpg

To be honest with you I can only speak from my experience with mine. I`ve never seen another one that old. He has been like this for two yrs now. In ten yrs I`m going to ask you how your`s looks. LOL

i honestly hope to have mine in 10 years and be able to answer you... is a bubble coral fraggable? .. how would one go about that...

a couple Qs about yours.

does it still have a solid base to it?. what does it look like uninflated? does it feed?

-Brad

p.s youve completely got my attention now lol

Yes it does have a skelaton base. All bubble corals should have one. When it`s uniflated it`s like most bubble corals drawn in close to the skeleton. I have never fed mine. It gets what it needs from the lighting and water column. I have some more pics at home. I`ll post them tonite.

Back
Top Bottom