'Bubble' over eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phunklore

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys my neon damselfish appears to have what looks like a bubble over his eye. Photos attached I hope you can make them out!

Any idea what this is?

Attachments

• image-3111571794.jpg
    image-3111571794.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 97
  • image-1305476061.jpg
    image-1305476061.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 104
That is "Popeye". It is generally attributed to poor water quality.
If its only affecting one eye, it could just be from physical trauma, though. If affecting both eyes, it is normally bacterial.
Best course of action would be a large water change, and feeding a medicated, anti microbial food.

Flreefer said:
That is "Popeye". It is generally attributed to poor water quality.
If its only affecting one eye, it could just be from physical trauma, though. If affecting both eyes, it is normally bacterial.
Best course of action would be a large water change, and feeding a medicated, anti microbial food.

Cheers Flreefer

It's only one eye,

Phunklore said:
Cheers Flreefer

It's only one eye,

Oops Didn't mean to hit reply...

Anyway yes it's only one eye, I have just done a late water change so hopefully this will solve it! It could be trauma though as the newest introduction of a purple dotty back has him being chased around the tank and out of his spot in the cave! I'm not sure of they're flirting with each other or f the neon is being harassed will keep Ab eye on them...

Yeah, Dottybacks can be pretty mean, it's possible the Damsel just hit himself on the rocks.
Maintaining good water quality and some fortified foods for it, will help it recover.
Good luck with him!

Yeah I think the dottyback has to go, he already butchered my poor firefish! Hopefully he just bumped his head, thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom