Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-21-2017, 05:23 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Bubble Tip

I've had my Tank for many, many years. Decided to try an Anemone This Bubble I have had in the tank for almost two months now.

29 gallon
Nitrites - 0
Nitrates - 20
Ammonia - 0
Alk - 6.5

This is the light I am using. Dimmable UV LED Aquarium Light 120W With Lens 55x3W BRIDGELUX Coral Reef Fixture

I just tested Alk and it was way low. I'm in the process of slowly bring it back up. Does Alk have a big effect on Bubble Tips? I did about a 40% water change today to get the Nitrates down. The Anemone is in this middle state. It won't open fully. It doesn't seem bleached and the foot is securly attached. It actually moved spots a couple nights ago. It may be fine and adjusting. The Clarkii Clown does host it. Maybe that is the issue as well.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:23 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Has it moved before? Anemone move when they aren't happy, be it lighting or flow, and will find a place where it is happy. Normally one shouldn't consider an anemone for 6-12 months until the system matures enough to avoid parameter swings.
As it stands, the color looks fine and I'd be more concerned about having two different types of clowns in the tank than the anemone moving.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 06:30 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

I've had these two clowns for 6 months. Never have seen one go after the other. It obviously moved around when I first got it and found a spot. I did change the position of the power head. That's probably why it moved couple days ago that was the first time since. I've had this tank in total for 6 years. I moved into my new house 3 years ago but transported all the rock in tank water.

We will see what happens..

Tags
bubble, bubble tip

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com