Bubble Tip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KrempelJD

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've had my Tank for many, many years. Decided to try an Anemone This Bubble I have had in the tank for almost two months now.

29 gallon
Nitrites - 0
Nitrates - 20
Ammonia - 0
Alk - 6.5

This is the light I am using. Dimmable UV LED Aquarium Light 120W With Lens 55x3W BRIDGELUX Coral Reef Fixture

I just tested Alk and it was way low. I'm in the process of slowly bring it back up. Does Alk have a big effect on Bubble Tips? I did about a 40% water change today to get the Nitrates down. The Anemone is in this middle state. It won't open fully. It doesn't seem bleached and the foot is securly attached. It actually moved spots a couple nights ago. It may be fine and adjusting. The Clarkii Clown does host it. Maybe that is the issue as well.

y4miXPDtLfxzG8otcWhyzBAclk2wPx9ExJMi9TdKC8KSNZHBINoJXso-x3corPPauh3kC6M0n0vshQX2V_M5PBYqOMwweOIyaDlKJnckJmrZykFgdy03mD3c1XBODYvvst204LfWFeZ6vBnfpHnDhYG3LYLGuoFfvdOh8D3uBsgqIFXO173N-zbYTp7tnIakyOoQVEXL1L5cf45lp9Qcpsjnw

Has it moved before? Anemone move when they aren't happy, be it lighting or flow, and will find a place where it is happy. Normally one shouldn't consider an anemone for 6-12 months until the system matures enough to avoid parameter swings.
As it stands, the color looks fine and I'd be more concerned about having two different types of clowns in the tank than the anemone moving.

I've had these two clowns for 6 months. Never have seen one go after the other. It obviously moved around when I first got it and found a spot. I did change the position of the power head. That's probably why it moved couple days ago that was the first time since. I've had this tank in total for 6 years. I moved into my new house 3 years ago but transported all the rock in tank water.

We will see what happens..

Back
Top Bottom