Bubble-tip anemome help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skibum

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a bubble-tip anemone that I don't quite know what to do with. It looks healthy for the most part but does not seem to come out enough (or what I would think is normal). When it's closed you can see the tips of the tentacles and they're a much darker color. It's only open for a couple of hours a day and continues to "migrate" to the underside of my rocks. I moved it once (yes, I know) and it's rock fell once. It will sometimes turn up into the light when open but will also hang open upside down in the dark. I do have a maroon clown that it's assimilated with and I feed it when I can (ie. when open and he takes it) which is once or twice a week. Water parameters are where they should be. I have a 65W Sunpaq PC with dual daylight/acintic bulb and they're on 11hrs/day. Too much light time/intensity? Any other thoughts? Thanks for any input

How big is your tank? i would guess that will 65W you may not have enough light unless you have a small tank. Anemone like really high light and good intensity with perfect water conditions. If it is continuing to move chances are it can't find a spot that it is happy in for what ever reason.

I would run all your water parameters and post them so we have an idea along with the specs and inhabitants of your tank. Others will be able to give you a better idea of whats going on once you post that.

I would not move it. They like to shade their foot so they`ll get under some rock and then the anenome will swing out from under the rock. They will move where they want to so let him get comfortable where he wants to be.

The tank is a 20L and ammonia, nitrite, nitrate are all 0. pH is 7.8 and SG is 1.023. I only have the clownfish and a damsel right now since my **** damsel kills anything else I put in there. The fish that used to keep him in line died over the past couple of years. I've had the anemone for a couple of months now and he does keep his foot out of light and stretch into the light most of the time. He also seems to favor the acintic side of the spectrum leaning towards the back of the tank (also frustrating). The hanging upside down and closing while the light is on is what bothers me. Is that normal?

Back
Top Bottom