Bubble tip anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaWoWee

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ive had my bta for about 2 weeks now. From day one hes been hiding himself completely under rocks. Seems like he barely gets any light. now he just shriveled up smaller than ive ever seen him. Is he dying?

Attachments

• image-1201310710.jpg
    image-1201310710.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 195
Has it been about a yr from the startup of the tank. They need IMO a very mature tank. What type lighting do you have. I do know when I had mine it would keep the foot in the shade and swing the bell part out in the light.

I have 2x65w PC's in a 20 gal. Tank has been setup for about 8 months but i barely added live rock about a month ago. I test my water every couple of days and my ammo & nitrates stay low along with phosphates. I guess my tank isnt mature right now because im going through the brown algae phase. Thanks for the response.

LaWoWee said:
I have 2x65w PC's in a 20 gal. Tank has been setup for about 8 months but i barely added live rock about a month ago. I test my water every couple of days and my ammo & nitrates stay low along with phosphates. I guess my tank isnt mature right now because im going through the brown algae phase. Thanks for the response.

You only added the rock recently. How did you cycle the tank? It's possible either the tank is not cycled, or the addition of the LR, and the die off from that rock, is causing mini cycle. When you say ammonia is "low", what is it exactly? What is your nitrite and nitrate levels?

No my tank is cycled already. My ammonia is at 0 (or atleast <.20 ppm cuz its hard to the colors on my test sometimes) Nitrites have always been at 0. I keep my nitrates <20 ppm. Phosphates are <.25 ppm. I never had any spikes when adding my live rock and transported them home in saltwater to minimize die off. I have a skimmer on order so ive been doing constant PWCs to keep the nitrates low. I also have a puffer and 2 gobies whih have been there for 7 months. i also have green star polyps, eagle eyes, xenias, and a hammer spawn which are all doing weel at the moment. I cycled my tank from fresh to marine for my puffer and finished full marine 6 months ago. i have a crushed coral substrate so i figured that is holding enough bacteria to help seed the LR and keep from mini cycles.

nems will keep moving around until they fine a good spot for flow,light and food,start doing larger pwc to get the trates too zero,nems need very good
quality water and lighting.

Mines is actually doing well again. Although he still likes to hide upside down under rocks and just stick the tecticles out.

Back
Top Bottom